Discussion Forum > How large is your collection ???
How large is your collection ???
Login  |  Register
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

fulcrum
6 posts
Mar 05, 2003
10:44 PM
I for one have been collecting for around 15 years. I have over 5000 pieces of micro armor. 2000 russians,900 americans,400 brits,400 germans,400 french, and hundreds of other nations hardware and over 200 aircraft.
Around 50% of my stuff is CnC around 40% Ghq and the other 10% is mostly Scotia/Ros/ISM (hard to find items).... A friend of mine and myself started collecting with the thought that "What you owned is what you could use" so it started a sort of an arms race.......
Well so much for my story. How many do you folks own?

Rick

(P,S my collection is all modern)

Last Edited by fulcrum on Jun 30, 2003 9:51 PM
Left2Write
1 post
Mar 06, 2003
6:40 AM
Hopefully my collection counts as it is Renegade Legion.

A friend of mine and I started playing Renegade Legion Centurion in 1992 while we were stationed in Germany in the United States Army (yes we did a lot more than play wargames while we were there hahaha).

Anyway, we are just now collecting our miniatures from C-in-C, so most of our collection is plastic FASA (crap) we are replacing everything with "real" miniatures from C-in-C.

I have 1,006 grav fighting vehicles (between light and medium PCs and light and medium tanks from both sides) I have so far this month added 27 (which are replacements) all of which are C-in-C miniatures!

I also use GHQ US Modern Infantry 1/285th(I haven't seen it from C-in-C otherwise I would buy it from you guys!) We are each working on building our respective Legions so we can quit piddling around with meeting egagements and decide the fate of the planet we are now fighting over...

----------
Dennis Patrick Michels
Author
Cavalry Scout
Beyond The Rift
ANIMO ET FIDE

Last Edited by on Mar 06, 2003 6:42 AM
Hauptmann6
4 posts
Mar 06, 2003
2:28 PM
About 800+ total vehicles between US and German WWII, 50 WW2 1:4800 US and Japanese and 15 or so 1:300 WW2 aircraft...

Most is from other manufactures due to me starting my collection just before CinC quit production... I really missed the aircraft...

95% of my collection has never been played with due to lack of opponents in the area...

Last Edited by on Mar 06, 2003 2:28 PM
fulcrum
6 posts
Mar 06, 2003
10:34 PM
Any collection is cool..... All my miniatures are modern except for 50 odd ball WW2 stuff. I would like to collect WW2 as well but I think it would bankrupt me....

Rick
Hauptmann6
5 posts
Mar 07, 2003
9:25 PM
Hey don't feel bad... I bought most of mine used but unpainted (open packs) from I94 Enterprises, and he bought out Greenfeild's microarmor when they went bankrupt. So I got a ton of it cheap...
The Chief
Mar 09, 2003
12:14 PM
To date I have over 2600 1/2400 scale warships mostly from CinC but some from GHQ, Viking Forge and Pewtercraft. I have hunted far and wide looking for small warships (APD's, auxiliaries and one of a kind types). Keep up the good work and more orders will be coming your way soon!
John B Cols OH
Mar 10, 2003
10:16 AM
1/285
958 Modern US (post Korean War)
411 other Nato Countries
334 Modern Russian
355 WWII and a few british
about 46% CinC 46% GHQ rest odds and ends

About 50 1/2400 WWII US/UK ships
mainly GHQ
Anonymous
Mar 24, 2003
6:05 PM
Hauptman6, Where do you live?
Mike Graham
2 posts
Mar 24, 2003
6:07 PM
Hauptmann6, where do you live? Sorry fotr the previous post. I was not logged in.

Mike
Scout Out
2 posts
Mar 29, 2003
8:26 AM
I have been collecting for more than 12 years and I have close to 3000 models of WWII and modern periods. Anyone in FT Hood Texas give me a call.

David Farrell
254-526-2488
nippon1
4 posts
Apr 01, 2003
8:41 PM
I have a large collection of miniatures. In 1/285 scale, I have collected Modern, WWII, WWI, Civil War, and the period of Napoleon.

In modern period, I have collected units of Argentina, France, USA, Germany, Britian, Warsaw Pact, Israel and South Africa.

In World War II, I have collected units of USA, Britian, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, Poland, Rumania, and of course Japan.

In World War I, I only have British.

I have collected Colonials from Heroics and Ros.

For the Civil War, I have collected Heroics and Ros figs

Prior to that a mixture of sources.

I have from platoon size units to about a brigade level in the number of pieces depending on the country. My tanks range from several hundred for USA World War II to a platoon of tanks for my Rumanians in World War II. I have collected CinC, GHQ, Ros, Scotia, ISM, and a company out of Colorado that made very pathetic World War II vehicles in the seventies.(I hang on to a few just to see what bad really is)CinC made the very best armored vehicle that I felt was done by any of the companies out there. The model of the DIVADS has the best molded hull that I have come across for quality.

Last Edited by on Apr 01, 2003 9:48 PM
nippon1
5 posts
Apr 01, 2003
9:27 PM
In 1/2400 scale ships, I have fleets in Modern , World War II, World War I, Predreadnought Era, and the Civil War.

My modern ships are mainly US and Russian with a few British. (I have collected some 1/3000 scale to fill out a British and Argentinian Fleet)

In World War II, I have collected fleets of USA, Japan, British, German, French, Italian, Greek, and Russian. We have had fleet battles including all five Yamatos and the two Super Yamatos versus the Montanas and Iowa class Battleships.

In World War I, I have collected German, British, Italian, Austro-Hungarian, USA, Japan, Turkey, Argentina, Brazil, Greece and Russian Fleets.

In Predreadnought Era, I have collected German, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Britian, Spain, and USA.

In the Iron-clad Era, I have collected Italy, Austro-Hungarian, Union and Confederate ships.

My ships range from CINC, GHQ, Panzerschiffe, Eisenwerk (Now Pewter craft), Superior, Minifleet and a few other sources that are long since out of business. I have never counted my ships but I would estimate that I have at least 1000 plus ships in my American World War Fleet alone.
Hauptmann6
17 posts
Apr 16, 2003
9:21 PM
What rules Mlicary?
Arute1
1 post
Apr 30, 2003
6:46 PM
I thought I was the only one with this illness. Glad to see I'm not alone! Just broke 5,000 on the modern forces. Working on my new Chinese aggressor force. I'm also going to take advantage of CinC's May %5 off special to increase my 1,100 WWII navies. I know some of your call names from Ebay. I now some of you have purchased from the guy out in IA. He told me he had over 23,000 items in his collection. I thought I needed help!
chrisswim
May 11, 2003
9:06 PM
I've been collecting/playing micro armor for 13-14 years. Mostly into modern micro armor: U.S., German, Russian, Austrian, Australian, U.K. French, Spain, Dutch, Norway, Argentina, Brazil, China, Japan, South African, and some others. Have plenty to build a senario. Have ww2 micro armor, ww2 naval, and modern naval. Also collect 15mm American Civil War, and 15 mm brit/zulu's/dervish/egyptian.
If in Jax Fl. let me know.

Chris
Marine Corps Daddy
4 posts
May 24, 2003
3:00 PM
my collections is not as large as some you you other people but i do have different things like and all are 1/300 to 1/285

C-17 Globemaster III
C-5 Galaxy
E-3A Sentry
superguppy
LAV-AD
LCAC
KC-10 Extendor
B-52G Stratofortress
B-1B Bomber
B-2A Spirit
SR-71 Blackbird
SH-60B Seahawk
E-2C Hawkeye
AH-1W Cobra
AH-6 Cayuse
AV-8B Harrier
AH-64 Apache
F/A-18 Hornet and Super hornet
F-15 Eagle
AC-130 Spectre and Hercules
F-16 Falcon
F-117 Stealth Fighter
S-3B Viking
A-10 Thunderbolt
F-14 Tomcat
UH-1N Huey
V-22 Osprey
CH-46 Seaknight
CH-47 Chinook
CH-53 Superstallion
MH-53 Pavelow
MH-60 Pavehawk
HH-60 Nighthawk
EA-6B Prowler
and a 1/300 scale LHD-7 USS IWO JIMA ITS ALMOST 3 FEET LONG
and of course all the M1-A2, BRADLEYS, LAVES ARTY HUMMERS EVERYONE ELSE CAN GET THROUGH GHQ,C&C,SCOTIA AND SO ON BUT ALWAYS LOOKING TO EXPAND AM LOOKING FOR

F-22
P-3c Orion
F-35
ANY IDEAS PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE IT MY E-MAIL IS DallasDodger@AOL.COM

Semper Fi,

Last Edited by Marine Corps Daddy on Dec 07, 2003 4:24 PM
Richard
2 posts
May 29, 2003
3:22 AM
Marine Corps Daddy - Where did you find the C17 and Galaxy - oh and the Iwo Jima.

I have a weakness for the one offs that "will one day come in handy for that particular scenario"

Richard

Last Edited by Richard on May 29, 2003 3:23 AM
chrisswim
6 posts
May 31, 2003
8:49 PM
Wow, Marine Corps Daddy, some nice stuff. I have 3 f-22, made by ros, as i recall.
CJ
2 posts
May 31, 2003
9:38 PM
chrisswim, how would you rate the H&R F-22?
Anonymous
May 31, 2003
10:52 PM
Thread was started on my Birthday so a reply seems necessary.
Collection was started around 1980 with Naval miniatures. Currently over 4,200 pieces are in my collection. The goal is to represent an 'elite' '44 Panzer Division, 2nd or 3rd American Armored Division, and a 'Guards' Soviet "Corps" (equivalent to a Western Armored Division). The largest representation is German. Any questions?

Mike
/Loveland, CO
Marine Corps Daddy
5 posts
Jun 02, 2003
4:52 PM
THIS IS FOR RICHARD
THE C-17 I MADE FROM A 1/300 SCALE HOBBYCRAFT A-340 IT CAME OUT SO GOOD I PLAN TO BULT ANOTHER ONE SOON. THE GALAXY IS A 1/288 SCALE AIRCRAFT FROM STARFIX OUT OF ISRAEL THE MODEL KIT #is Art.Nr.900/4 IT LOOKS LIKE A REALLY NICE KIT. AND THE IWO JIMA WAS A SAWED OFF SLICED AND DICED 1/350 SCALE USS ENTERPRISE IT NEEDED ALOT OF WORK BUT THE SHIP IS ABOUT THE RIGHT SCALE LENGTH AND THE HULL WAS THE MOST INPORTANT PART EVERTHING ELSE I SCRAP BUILT OR SCAVANGED FROM OTHER KITS.

SEMPER FI

Last Edited by Marine Corps Daddy on Jun 02, 2003 4:57 PM
Tom 3rd ACR
1 post
Jun 28, 2003
8:47 PM
I have all the ground elements of the Gulf War 3rd ACR, with supporting units including an "F" battery, a company of FAVs, Field Hosp,etc. I am short on the Air Squadron (only about a third of it). Also have a some Marine Companies, and some French, British, Iraqi, West German, and Soviet or Russian. About 50% is the other guys, 35% is C in C, the rest is from a guy who made his stuff in his garage in So Cal. He is no longer in business, but I heard he sold his molds to someone in Chicago. Anyone know who has the molds now?

Gee, I thought I was out of control. Only about 1,500 pieces.
chrisswim
17 posts
Jul 03, 2003
7:14 AM
tom:
what is the to&e of the 3rd armored cav regt?
av8rmongo
1 post
Jul 09, 2003
8:19 AM
Fulcrum, it's good to see that chrisswim and I were not the only ones that went through an arms race.

Chrisswim, it is always good to see your presence online. I'm finally back from the war and starting to paint again.

When I was stationed in FL Chris and I would often talk about having a big "Box Battle" where everything came into play. We never did, (mostly because his box was bigger) but it spurred on two or three years of rapid buying. I think I had about 100 pieces when we met, modern Israeli and modern German. Now I'm over 3,000 and still going. Anytime you're ready Chris.

Paul
chrisswim
18 posts
Jul 09, 2003
12:13 PM
to av8rmongo,
I'm ready, mick32211 in Jacksonville, Fl wants to play, and bring someone and Paul? in Gainesville, Fl wants to play. possibly we could meet either in Green Cove Springs, or Starke, Fl area. Where are you located. We were planning a late July or early August game for a complete day. All modern micro armor. Planning to use Chadwick's Combined Arms Rules, as modified for a TO&E of one-to-one scale. DO you gentlemen prefer to be able to use all you stuff in the fight, only one nationality, or a coalition(NATO, Warsaw Pact, Pacific Rim, or some other far fetched alliance?). The coalition would be my preferred with enough time permitting, then I could/would use my South Africans, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, as my front line to determine the opposing force axis of attack.... then smash 'em!!! Then bring in my NATO, Saudi's, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwaiti forces. I need more B-52's, B-2's, etc.

So, who is in on this one?
Tom 3rd ACR
2 posts
Jul 09, 2003
2:50 PM
To: chrisswim and Paton47
Thanks Paton47, I believe it was "In Service Miniatures." I forgot what his name was. I think he is making models for one of the railroads now.

He let me have what he called an "F battery" which consists of ground surviellance radars, fire control radars, and some other misc. equipment. He also sold me several pattriot missle launchers (HEMTT M983 with trailor) and MRLS Resupply (HEMTT M985), fased array radar(HEMTT M983 with trailor), and support vans; ground launched cruise missle systems; a battalion's worth of Marine M60A3 tanks with applique armor; some West German bridging equipment(MANN Truck based); Soviet/Russian bridging equipment (Ural truck based); Soviet/Russian commo vans (these are pretty neat); US engineering equipment, including a scraper, a dozer (which I converted into an enclosed cab D6), misc HETs with trailors, water trucks, high mobility loaders and forklifts, and SEEs; and M9s (before GHQ had them). I also have some HEMTT M984 wreckers but these are pretty poor quality. All the HEMTTs are smaller scale. I also have a company of FAVs, MICLIC trailors, and various HMMWVs w/loads and M925s w/loads.

In answer to your question about the TO&E, I used Tom Clancy's book, "Armored Cav", as the basic structure of three ground manuever squadrons, consisting of three cav troops (13 M3s and 9 M1A1s), a battery of M109A2 and FASSV (8 each), and one tank company (14 M1A1s)each. To these I added Combat Support and Combat Service Support vehicles, including M925s, M577s, M548s, M88s, HMMWVs, HEMTTs, etc. I added dozer blades to one M1A1 in each troop or tank company to approximate a mine clearing capability (going to replace these as soon as possible). Each squadron has a HHC and the regiment has a RHHC.

I built a rudimentary ELINT and Jamming company by cutting off the canvass tops of M925s and adding my own shop/van conversions and generator trucks. I live relatively close to Fort Irwin, so I have taken a lot of photographs of equipment as it was off-loaded from the railhead at Yermo.

I only have one attack troop and one support/transportation troop for the air cav squadron.

Currently, I'm working on the TO&Es for the medical units, military police, combat engineers, quartermaster (including field kitchens, and the ADA and MLRS battalions.

If you want to contact me directly, the e-mail address is "GATomL@aol.com". I don't open mail unless I know who it's from, so reference "285th scale" or something like it.
Paul
7 posts
Jul 09, 2003
6:49 PM
Chris,

I am in, but I must tell you if I have 300 pieces painted that is a lot. Whatever everyone else wants to do, I am game.
ballardw
1 post
Jul 09, 2003
11:38 PM
As mentioned by others, glad I'm not the only one with maybe more mini's than can be practically used. Current inventory runs to about 8,900 15mm figs for Ancient through Renaissance, 150 1:2400 WWII ships, mostly Axis powers, roughly 5,400 Micro armour mostly 1960's and later:
ADA 50
Aircraft 60
APC's 260
Artillery 210
Engineer 46
IFV 80
Infantry 3,600
Intel 5 (I thought I would be the only one to do this)
MBT 370 M1's, Centurions, M48's and M60's
AT 35
Transports 150.

300 Renegade legion of various types, most plastic.

The micro armour started out as Israeli, then and independent US cav brigade (I know we don't have any but found a TOE) and now building towards a copy of 2d Armored circa 1984.

Actually for awhile in the mid 70's I was the NCOIC of the III Corps Battle Simulation Center and actually got paid to play micro-armor for about a year.

Spaceships 150
1:1200 Biremes and things 25
1:4800 WWII German ships
chrisswim
22 posts
Jul 10, 2003
6:39 AM
To Ballardw,

How did you get paid to play micro armor for a year, sounds great. I figure $100,000 would be about right....

To Paul,
Look forward to playing, 300 pieces is usually more than enough, and we can come up with something good.

Last Edited by chrisswim on Jul 10, 2003 6:46 AM
Paul
8 posts
Jul 10, 2003
7:07 AM
Seriously how do we get paid to play micro armor all day long. I am much cheaper than Chris.

Chris, just let me know when. I am ready to rock and roll.
tmitch54
Jul 11, 2003
9:12 AM
When I was stationed in Baumholder West Germany in the mid 70's the armor BN's used micro there too. Couple of buddies were in 2/68 and that's how I got my intro into the wonderful world of 1/285 lead.
Ben Cosimef
Jul 23, 2003
3:22 PM
Hello,

I collect modern Britsh Army vehicles. Have around 300 H&R/Navwar pieces and some GHQs.
I would like to get in touch to someone intersted in modern British Army vehicles.
(I am especially searching for info on the Terex DROPS used by the RE and Excavators, MGB, Bedford MK/MJ w. Signals Body and other stuff...)
At last I am looking for info on CV-90 ARV (Hägglunds-Alvis) used/Tested by British Forces.
I have seen two of them on a train in Germany, together with FV-512/FV-513 and some FV-432 (on 2003-07-22).
All the vehicles were painted desert (I suppose they have been used during OP Telic in Iraq), except the CV-90 ARVs.

Cheers Ben
Anonymous
Jul 23, 2003
3:33 PM
I forgot to send my E-Mail.

If anyone wants to contact me please mail anhbeb@web.de, thank you very much.

Bye Ben
ballardw
2 posts
Jul 28, 2003
11:12 PM
To chrisswim:

I was paid to play micro armor using the Dunn-Kempf rules at Ft Hood from mid-76 to my ETS Jul 77 as that was my assigned duty. I was able to finagle the position when the previous sergeant was PCSing and was one of my gaming acquaintances. I was also an Intel weanie with nothing real to do so was able to get the position as a special duty. I remember my pay as an E-5 being in the $580 before taxes range. This job did mean that I didn't have to buy any micro armor, so I was buying Ancients.

To warfighter2190:
That would place you at Ft Hood with Chuck C Clark fighting on the Fulda/Hoff terrain sets right?

Mostly right. The canned terrain set for Dunn-Kempf was a Fulda gap sort of setting, but we didn't use it much while I was there. The scenarios we basically Fulda/ Hoff on Texas terrain, Soviet Bn vs US Platoon, or Regiment (reinforced) vs Company.

We had scale (1" = 50 Yd) terrain of Fort Hood made from sculpted styrofoam, cheese cloth, paint and lichen trees. The building we used at the time, a WWII office type, didn't have enough room to place all the boards together, but we could had and area almost 5Km by 20km.

For any one that cares, the Dunn-Kempf rules are basically the WRG Armor and Infantry 1950-1975 rules set with a few modifications.
ssgtucker@yahoo.com
Sep 18, 2003
8:24 AM
Where could I buy a Dunn-Kempf set, or a similiar set up? I played while stationed in Germany in the '80s, but haven't seen one in forever.
papaegg
5 posts
Sep 24, 2003
1:10 PM
My collection started only a year ago as I made the transition from 15mm to microarmor.My main focus is WWII German/Russian conflict.To date I have assembled every division/brigade I need to fight the actual war! Well over 1500 models all painted decaled, labled and mounted on magnetic base and arranged accordingly in two Snap-on machinist roller tool cabinets.An even make-up of CNC and GHQ with some other brands filling in the voids for such neccessary items such as armored trains, siege and railway guns and aircraft with some of those being lovingly hand built. I game on a 6'x16' table located in my library.The table features 2'x2' geomorphic panels fully landscaped which can be arranged and re-arranged to comprise the various terrain variations of the Russian steppes.Is this hobby great or what!
FearlessLeader
6 posts
Oct 18, 2003
1:55 PM
OK. I have about 13,000 Miniatures. But I have been doing this for a long time. I found my first GHQ Sherman in '67 and was hooked. (Of course I favored CinC when they came out). Somewhere along the line I got the idea that I needed enough of each model to outfit a battalion (or, with some of the less common pieces, two). But I still want more so let's see some new models.

Ken
Anonymous
Oct 19, 2003
2:27 PM
Who else has some nice collections, unit that they would like to tell us about? Or a TO&E they have used in a senario....Thank you.

Couple of scanrios with full OB here:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bob_mackenzie/

Click wargames then KGC

Cheers

Bob

(yes I would plug my own site! :-)
MaksimSmelchak
15 posts
Oct 21, 2003
10:15 AM
To put it simply, I have more microarmor than I'll ever need, but I like it so it's worth it.

I could easily fill a large box or two with it if I filled it up to the brim.

I have most of it in storage cases so it takes a little more space.

I have army collections for:

- W.W.II Eastern Front
- W.W.II Northern Africa

- Modern Asia (Taiwan, PRC, N. Korea, S.Korea, Japan)
- Modern Middle East (Israel, Egypt, Syria, Saudi rabia, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, etc.)

- Modern USSR
- Modern USA

I have a very large collection of 6mm aircraft, mostly for the Arab-Israeli wars.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Last Edited by MaksimSmelchak on Oct 21, 2003 10:23 AM
Gordo
3 posts
Dec 02, 2003
9:14 AM
I have been collecting since the late early 1970's. I don't wargame, my passion it to have a complete armor divison for all the WW2 armies. I have over 11,000 german pcs enoght for a 44 pz div and about 2/3 of a afrika div. with attached tiger S.pzjag,s and hv towed art and flak I hope soon to have a pz korps. My US force has 9,000 pcs and this gives me a 100 % 1943 arm div and 50 % 1942 hv arm div with attached units SPAT BN AAAW BN Hv Art units and a USMC Regt. My Uk and commonwealth force include 9500 pcs making up 1944 arm div 1942 arm div 65 %, Canadian Arm Bge, I Tank Bge and a mixed funnies Bge of spec tanks, also..I also have started an Italy, Hungary, Early war france and Polish arm divs about 5000 pcs so far.. The hardest part of all this was researching the TO&E's of each country. I have over 500 -600 T/O's and am always looking for more info 60 % of my collection is soft skin with GHQ 35% CinC 40% Navwar 20 % and misc 5 % PS also have 800 ww2 aircraft..
GaryM
1 post
Dec 05, 2003
7:33 AM
Hey Fulcrum,
I have been collecting for about 30 yrs. (I quit buying 12 yrs ago.)I also have a large Modern force, WWII, and Civil War. Modern amount: 10000
6000 Russian
4000 NATO Forces mostly American
WWII: 4000
2000 German
2000 Allied Forces mostly Russian
I started off with CinC so % I have a little over 60% the rest is GHQ and ROS Heroics (support equipment.)
In addition to miniatures I have several large terrain boards replicating Europe and the National Training Center.
I haven't "pushed lead" for a couple of years because I work at the NSC(National Simulation Center)I wargame for a living there.

Last Edited by GaryM on Mar 04, 2004 11:50 AM
redleg
4 posts
Dec 10, 2003
1:42 PM
I was too intimidated by everyone's huge collection so I didn't list my stuff earlier. But what the hell. Maybe it will be nostalgic for some of you guys who have been collecting and playing for 30 years.

I have ALMOST 350 pieces, all modern, mostly GHQ.
US: Mech task force (2 brad companies, 1 tank company, 1 engineer company, and an HHC). Also a full Paladin battery, an MLRS battery under construction, and some random 8 inch. Some Marine stuff (with artillery and air).

Germany: A company of Leo 2s and Marders

Russian: 20 some tanks, 30 some BMPs, and Artillery (2S1, 2S3, 2S19, BM-21)
Paul
43 posts
Dec 10, 2003
2:39 PM
Redleg,

I was there not long ago. In the last few months I finally started the purchasing and I am up to close to 600 pieces. Take however long you need to reach your final goal. Playing can be just as much fun with 300 as 3,000.
chrisswim
70 posts
Dec 10, 2003
2:58 PM
redleg:
great stuff. actually, one usually is unable to play with 2000 pieces at a time. or 1000 when it is all yours, either by yourself or allowing others to push it around. then someone else might break a barrel, etc.

you do have some real good stuff. look forward to smashing your army one day.
fulcrum
27 posts
Dec 10, 2003
11:12 PM
redleg

Size in micro armor does not really matter. My favorite part of my collection is my Chinese and French numbering a few hundred each..

Fulcrum..... The one with the large collection on wrong coast (for gamming that is)
av8rmongo
3 posts
Dec 11, 2003
1:55 PM
fulcrum,

Where do you live? I'm in San Diego these days. If you're in SOCAL maybe we can start a Box Battle here as well. I have a little over 3,100 Moderns that haven't tasted battle since I left Jacksonville several years ago. (Crisswim's armies never drew a bigger sigh of releif than they did the day I left - as I recall)

av8rmongo

Last Edited by av8rmongo on Dec 11, 2003 1:55 PM
chrisswim
71 posts
Dec 11, 2003
3:12 PM
yes, my armies did take a large sigh of relief, when av8 left jax, fl. all we were doing was resting since his forces were not a concern. we were deploying in our battle groups and then only have a small skimish, now we have battle exercises since AV8 was not a match. we did not even break a sweat. hopefully, this sat there will be some competition. lol, lol.

Last Edited by chrisswim on Apr 23, 2004 9:11 PM
Paul
44 posts
Dec 11, 2003
6:46 PM
Chris,

Your going to be like a dog running home with your tail between your legs. Oh yeah baby. The Russians are coming to town.
Brigadier
Dec 20, 2003
11:12 AM
My current force consists of a full U.S. armored brigade with all support units. TO&E is AOE desert storm.

Units:

HQ & HQ company

Battalions:

2 armored
mechanized infantry
artillary
combat engineers
forward support

Companies:

cavalry troop
air defense artillary battery
intellegence

Platoons:

military police
NBC
signal
CBW
5 posts
Dec 23, 2003
2:17 PM
When I moved from Hawaii back to the mainland I did an inventory which ended up with just over 10,00o line items about even between GHQ and CinC. I had sold my entire World War I battlefleets to a friend just before I left he also "had to have " his words, my 175 Fletcher class DDs from CinC. Most of them I had bought from a guy who was going from everything to only German WW II and the paint jobs were not too good. After getting back I gave all of my Superior WW II ships to a friend plus most of my CinC Itallians-he had always shown a keen interest in them for gaming. I still have most of my CinC armor and all of my aircraft. One of the Rules at the Hawaii club was to use it it you had to have it. Most did not know how extensive a collection of Russian aircraft I had from CinC until they let me be the Russians one day ; ) Su-24s screaming in low and Mig-29s flying cap. I kept telling them they would have to start buying CinC, but most were completely infatuated with GHQ. One guy did buy my M60A2 battalion from me as he just loved doing late 60's scenarios and was really miffed when I pulled those on his unsuspecting WarPac force. Ah life was good.

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.