Discussion Forum > Modern TO&E
Modern TO&E
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Anonymous
Dec 06, 2003
7:42 AM
I'm looking for info regarding Tables of organization and equipment for modern armies. Specifically U.S., U.K., Russia, Israel, Syria and North Korea. Does anyone know if Table Top Games still publishes its Ultra Modern Army Lists books? Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
CBW
6 posts
Dec 23, 2003
2:46 PM
David Isbey wrote two books in the 80's, Weapons and Tactics of the Soviet Army and Armies of NATO's Central Front. These books contain info on most units right down to the infantry section. I have a copy of the Soviet book. For instance a tank platoon is listed as:
"Total Strength: One officer, 11 enlisted (older tanks) 8 enlisted newer tanks for three tank platoon. Some units may have a four tank platoon. Each crewman has an AK MS and five grenades. The Tank commander often carries a pistol."
"Tank Company: Company HQ and 3 Platoons. Company HQ consists of: one tank, commanded by company cdr. Deruty cdr (also political officer), Tech officer, admin officer, one clerk and one driver. They ride in the company's truck(URAL 375 or ZIL 157). The Company Comander may also have a GAZ 69 assigned to him."
This goes on all the way up through division for armor, mech infantry, leg infantry, artillery just about everything you would ever want to know. Check your local library I have a first edition and there is a second edition, but it is not that much different from the 1st. Both books are out of print, Ivbe been loking for the NATO edition for about 10 years now, a friend of mine had a copy in Hawaii. I kept trying to borrow it so I could copy some info. Where I worked we had a high speed copier which could have copied and bound a 500 pg book for me in about 15 minutes. He would not let me take the book apart though, which could be why he would not let me take it out of his sighr ; ). Two other books are from Tom Clancy. Armored Cav gives you the TO & E for the Cav Regiment while Marine will give you the TO & E for them.
I just recieved a used copy of the Nato Armies book, it was originally in the Command and General Staff College at Fort Levenworth. I wonder the reason why it would be so close to the penitentary where most military felons end up : ). Other than a few high lited passages and tons of pencil marks it is in pretty good shape.

Last Edited by CBW on Jun 21, 2004 1:36 AM
GaryM
5 posts
Dec 24, 2003
6:45 AM
David Isby also wrote a book about the British Army similar to the Soviet book. I have both and both are signed and no you can't borrow them!Ha Ha
Paul
53 posts
Dec 24, 2003
8:26 AM
Are you willing to scan and send copies?
Anonymous
May 14, 2004
9:32 AM
Please give us some of the organisation, that way I will know when I've destroy other units. My French will eliminate yous.

Stu
predhead
21 posts
Jan 03, 2016
6:16 AM
----------
Ambushed in the Alley
http://ambushedinthealley.blogspot.com/

Last Edited by predhead on Apr 28, 2016 6:35 AM
Paul
282 posts
Jan 16, 2016
1:49 PM
LOL
predhead
38 posts
Jan 19, 2016
10:18 AM
Sorry, I should not have written that, but really? Is Stu like four years old?

The posts I see on here like "my armor will beat yours" are infantile.
----------
Ambushed in the Alley (15mm Force on Force/Tomorrow's War, 1/285th Check Your 6!, and other periods I game)
http://ambushedinthealley.blogspot.com/
Paul
285 posts
Jan 21, 2016
2:55 PM
Hey we have some really big games sometimes. Chris had a recon division in one game.
chrisswim
665 posts
Mar 28, 2016
11:11 AM
Predhead, we did it for our smack talk, glad you are serious. We need serious people. Would you like to game?

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.