Discussion Forum > I can beat you armour
I can beat you armour
Login  |  Register
Page: 1 2

PowerForward
10 posts
Feb 19, 2004
5:23 PM
My armour can beat any of yours....i play WW2 only and my garman panther divisions would rip you apart.

Sincerely

Powerforward
Paul
66 posts
Feb 20, 2004
8:04 AM
I'll take the challenge. My Americans are up to the challenge. Might even be able to throw some Russians into the mix if your willing to go to Jax, FL.
PowerForward
11 posts
Feb 21, 2004
12:02 PM
lol....i'm in Ohio.....but my Germans would just torture you

But i refuse to fight russians...I have to much respect for them.......they would fight the germans with pitchforks and send hundreds to die to kill maybe 5

Last Edited by PowerForward on Feb 21, 2004 12:06 PM
PowerForward
12 posts
Feb 22, 2004
4:53 PM
I'm not afraid...just i've respected the russians since i've ever learned about ww2 and one....the would die by the thousands with stupidity and yet the germans never conqured Russia.
PowerForward
13 posts
Feb 26, 2004
12:59 PM
Why not
Paul
69 posts
Feb 28, 2004
6:22 AM
Chris,

I know schedule is worse than mine right now, but have you been able to identify a day for round II?

Let me know, my tanks are ready for challenge.
Anonymous
Feb 28, 2004
12:27 PM
Can u organize your sentence...
Anonymous
Mar 01, 2004
4:03 AM
yours.....this is powerforward.....i dont feel like loging in
Paul
Mar 01, 2004
6:01 AM
Not sure how you want the sentence organized any better than it is. The message is for Chris and I am sure he understands what I have said.
Paul
71 posts
Mar 01, 2004
8:53 AM
I have around 100 M1A1's or if I use Russians I will have about 120 T-80's plus 100 T-72's. Does not matter to me.

March 20th will work for me. Just let me know where (address included and best possible route) and a time.

How many people do you expect will be playing on your end?
mick
Mar 11, 2004
10:47 PM
Hey, Chris and Paul, I found you guys. Use this thread, ignor my earlier entry. Put the date up so I can bring my stuff. I want to do the next round, and tear up those communist butchers. I still need land and people to, UH... liberate, in the eastern european countries. (Ha-Ha). I need to crush more Soviet troops and burn those Russian hampster wheels you call tanks. At least they will make good moving targets for my gunners to pratice on. Too bad for them. I might even open up a used broken tank lot. (Your turn Paul).
I'll tell ya, I hated not having my pc online. Even broke down and did the dsl thing. Having a blast. Glad I'm up again. I am looking forward to the game this month. Hope to see ya all soon. Be Good and Be Safe. Mick
Paul
74 posts
Mar 12, 2004
9:21 AM
Chris,

Just count on it being me, I will be asking at least one person but have not up to this point. Greencove Springs is closer but either way is fine, just need to finalize everything as soon as possible. I would prefer heavy stuff. I have M1A1s, T-72s and T-80s to use.

How about the scenrio and everything before hand so we can strategize.
Paul
76 posts
Mar 15, 2004
6:16 PM
Chris,

I will be there and have a 50-50 chance of bringing another friend along. Mick, hopefully you can make it. Sound slike I might need you along side to hold the Germans off. I suspect the French will run at the first cannon.

Honestly, I am looking forward to playing again. Last game was a blast.

Paul
Mick
Mar 16, 2004
10:24 PM
I have bad news. I have a major plumbing problem. Lost the main evacuation line. I won't be able to come. Alot of work to do.I will make the next game, no matter what. Good luck to all. If only I hit the lotto. But, Oh well. See ya all son. Mick
Be safe and be good.
Mick
Mar 22, 2004
6:58 PM
Hey guys,
Sorry I missed the game. I would like to hear the after action briefs.
I should be able to make the next game. I've got most of the stuff done here, but have a little more to do, but that shouldn't stop me from being at the next game.
Keep me posted on the schedual. Paul, get my phone number from chris, so we can talk. I got something you would like to know about. Be good and be safe. Mick
tmitch54
Apr 24, 2004
8:18 PM
Hey guys, as a refresher prior to your American vs German read up on Larry Bond's "Cauldron". I'm only part way through at this time but it looks like the American, British and Polish forces will be taking on the German and French.
Paul
79 posts
Apr 25, 2004
11:32 AM
Sounds good to me. I would like to see the French and Germans try and stop our forces.
Paul
Apr 26, 2004
9:15 AM
Need to setup a time. Will need to work around payroll days when we go live.
Mick32211
Apr 26, 2004
10:23 PM
Hey guys, let me in on this. I have some U.S. to put up. Paul, I can't get emails to you, your server keeps refusing.
You can get my phone number from Chris or Andy. I have tried several times to send to you, but no go.
I'll call Chris this week and give him the info. Buy I think he already has my new number.
Be Good and Be Safe. Mick
Anonymous
May 06, 2004
8:16 AM
Okay do the book if you want to. I dont want to hear about you doing the book.
chrisswim
131 posts
May 06, 2004
8:10 PM
mick, i have read and am familar w/Cauldron, so we can do some French-German along with most of the rest of Europe vs. Poland, UK, USA(do not remember which side russia was on). But the sea battle between u.s. navy and french air force Mirage 4P & ASMP Missle <> and then the u.s. response with bombs made of cannon tubes is cool. for the naval battle, I will play the u.s. forces. Land battle, i'll do the other side. either way, i'm gonna smack you around! Paul, you & mick are gonna get it.

to tmitch54, where are you in the book, what is happening? keep me abreast of the story line. after i acknowledge it, you can then delete/edit your update. remember the germans have crude weapons, the french have fine, up-to-date, state-of-the-industry equipement.

Last Edited by chrisswim on May 13, 2004 8:53 AM
tmitch54
15 posts
May 07, 2004
4:36 AM
Chrisswim: Lastest update on Cauldron. During an attempt to reinforce the Poles, an American naval task force was attacked by approximately 50% of the European air force. Their primary mission was to use a nuke against the fleet. One plane managed to launch however the nuke was detonated far enough out to cause little damage.
Poland is pulling a division from the Russian front and engaging the French and Germans.
The US and Britian have landing Marines and light armor in Poland with more to come however no engagement at this time.
France has sent diplomats to Russia. At this point last night I fell asleep. Will give further updates Monday.
Hope this helps.
Tony
mick32211
14 posts
May 08, 2004
9:58 PM
Okay, another cowardly anano. If you don't like a post then mind your own business. Your the kind that make fourms NOT fun. Grow up. Mick
Mick
May 12, 2004
6:32 PM
I read the book. I know about the nukes. I was pulling chris' chain. But thanks for the input. MICK
tmitch54
17 posts
May 13, 2004
4:25 AM
Gentlemen: As always I am in awe of the knowledge that can be obtained from this chat room. Thanks for the information. I hope your game goes well. I have almost finished Cauldren. It appears that due to two internal factions, within the Russian and German forces, the French will be standing alone at the end. I have already ordered Bond's next two books from ebay. I hope they have the information and action that the first three had. Again, my thanks for your replys. Tony
tmitch54
May 13, 2004
3:57 PM
Chrisswim - I am ordering "Day of Wrath" and "Enemy Within"
Have you had a chance to read either one?
Mister Furious
9 posts
May 13, 2004
7:15 PM
Speaking of books, check out "Thunder Run" by David Zucchino Good detail of 2nd Bde 3 ID ("Spartan Brigade")operations all the way to the seizure of Baghdad Int'l Airport (my home for a little while--had to throw that in). Good OB and data for the wargamer.

Chrisswim: where are you in relation to Patrick AFB (Cocoa Beach/Melbourne)? I may be TDY in the near future and can pack some lead...

Chad Jenkins
chrisswim
138 posts
May 13, 2004
7:30 PM
to tmitch: i have start 'enemy within' this week. i may have to put it down until my test is over in 3 weeks for school.

to mr. furious: used to live in cocoa few decades ago. i am 3 hours north of there just south of jacksonville. Paul is in gainesville, fl. so if/when you get there, let us know, we can push some lead around.

to mick: the ink works great for the treads, and in some cases for vision/observation lenses and m.g. what were you other ideas????

thank you, chris

Last Edited by chrisswim on May 13, 2004 7:32 PM
redleg
15 posts
May 14, 2004
6:32 AM
Just thought I'd share a little artillery knowledge. Never read the book you guys are talking about, but guided subminitions with parachutes probably refers to SADARM rounds (seek and destroy armor). It's fairly new, but used to great effect last year. The ICM / DPICM is unguided and uses a short ribbon to stabilize it in flight vice a parachute.
Incidentally, I'm in Iraq right now - just shot some DPICM this week. It is very effective. Hope the game goes well.
Paul
86 posts
May 14, 2004
11:53 AM
Thanks for the knowledge transfer on the art. As Mick would say, Stay safe.
tmitch54
18 posts
May 24, 2004
4:10 AM
Chris and Mick, I am reading the "Enemy Within" Bond book. It is amazing that it was written in 1996 and not after 9/11. So far it's just set-up material. Hope some action comes soon. Also to C-in-C. The new product looks great and the price is even better. I may have to start obtain modern.Thanks for releasing new items.
Paul
Jun 13, 2004
10:19 AM
Highly doubt your French and German troops are going to find time to use their mortars as my tanks overrun their positions. Maybe you should be asking whether they should be getting a cab or running back to Berlin and Paris.
Anonymous
Jun 13, 2004
5:08 PM
Paul,
Yes we will run back to Paris and/or Berlin on vacation from our occupation stations in London, Washington, Moscow...but after an easy cruise thur your 'home' land, which becomes our back yard!
Mick
Jun 26, 2004
11:12 PM
Paul, don't listen to the french bragart. He will make a great waiter when we drink wine in paris.The general staff will make excellant food servers as well. Thats all they are good for anyway. As for the german generals, they can shine our vehicle headlights. They are so orderly and effecient. I am sure they will do a good job, if properly supervised, by a cook. Besides, the Polish have promised to save us the target range vehicles, all of those leos and clerks. That is so nice of them. Lets see what we have, T72s, M1a2s, Challengers, and all of the good stuff we like so much. The poor eurco bunch, I feel so sorry for them. Be good and be safe. Mick
Paul
Jun 29, 2004
9:21 AM
Chris is already shaking in his pants he just does not want to admit that the French are not going to be able to even get to the front line. His Germans will make good target practice for my M1A1's which need to re-qualify for the year.

We probably need to start talking about a date to do this battle.
chrisswim
167 posts
Jul 01, 2004
9:37 AM
Paul, Mick:

Gentlemen,

Cauldron is going to happen....
The only think I am only shaking is my finger to warn you for your own sake! We are stocking up on batteries, ammo, petro, etc. and starting to form up to finish the training to destroy the US, UK, Russian, & Polish, Imperial forces. Leopard 2A5, 2A4, 2A6's are ready. The French will use their Moroccan friends in the AMX 30's to hold the line against your assault by M1A1's and M1A2's, Challangers, T80 & T90's. What do your Poles have to deploy?

So how many companies of each type of MBT are you deploying (and expecting to lose)? What about your APC's? I will start counting, I am above 83 companies to deploy so far....
I may not have enough dice to roll, before they crumble from being rolled too much! (lol, lol).
mick
Jul 04, 2004
10:10 PM
124\ M1a2, 100\m2a2, 18\m901, 18\m3a2, 29\lav25, 12\lav-tow, 45\m60a3,73\t-72-74, 41\bmp-1,96\t-80, 15\t-90, 43\bmp-2, 34\bmp-3, and lots of other stuff. Hope you like seeing your stuff burn. I also have air and a.a.a. Hold onto your ass its gonna hurt.uk and belgian\dutch to add too.
Paul
113 posts
Jul 05, 2004
7:58 AM
I also have around 100/M1A1's and about 70/M2A2 looking for a fight.
chrisswim
173 posts
Jul 05, 2004
8:43 PM
What?????
I only need to think of 224 Abrams, not even 200 bradley's... my gosh, my forces tune up fighting over 1000 Abrams and 1500 Bradley's. So, Paul, Mick: when are you gonna put your 'A' game together? I am really concerned that you do not have an idea what is going to happen.
Paul
116 posts
Jul 09, 2004
12:12 PM
Depends on how we use the bradleys. Mine will not be on the front line but will act as the second as the M1's pass through. Of course you force will have to handle our minefields and and aircraft as well decimate your foward forces and slow your advance to a standstill.
Anonymous
Jul 09, 2004
8:20 PM
paul, you better have a better plan than mick watching your flank, or that is actually what he'll do...'watch' your flank! lol, lol. so it that is it, you may need to fight against my m47's, hetzers, so you may then have chance
mick
Jul 12, 2004
7:53 AM
Chris, you don't have a chance. Look at what your using. 2 loser nations that can't even protect their own countries. History shows that neither of them can hold water. America and Poland will make a alot of fertilizer for the border region out of them. Maybe this time we will keep france and germany. That way we will not have to worry about them going off and starting that imperial nonsence again. You never learn. See ya all soon. What date is it going to be. I have to plan around it so we need to get on the ball. Mick be good and be safe. P.S. I will be bringing a friend thats new to the games from Bradenton.
Paul
Jul 12, 2004
10:30 AM
We do need to start making some plans as I expect I will need to work every other weekend in August.
av8rmongo
21 posts
Sep 11, 2004
5:50 PM
Chris,

What I do have are four old guys who keep complaining about a bad trip to Crete one year. I think one of them speaks a little Polish, he even has a map of the place, the names are faded but its definitely the right map, although where he picked that up I can only guess. I think I'll give them each a pistol and that'll about take care of the Polish contingent.

Av8rmongo
Mick
Sep 30, 2004
11:58 PM
Chris, You can also marry up the hummv tow truck. It only requires a few odd items that we all have laying around. Any WWII arty tube, the extra stinger packs from the avenger and your in business, use the open back version of the hummv. Now, brown markers work well for the rust look on russian treads, as they are metal, same as with the black ink for U.S. treads, also silver or light-grey work well for windows and glass surfaces. They save a lot of time.If you want to change out your M-1a2, (or any other tank), turrets to c-in-c, Use a drill set on slow speed. I have done this on oveer 100 ghq hulls and they came out great. Just be sure to go slow or you'll rip up the hull.I think you've seen some of them. Oh; the 14\15 of nov. sounds good to me. Call me this weekend. I,ll be adding to my forces again. Almost done with the Cav. Sqdn. That is the last piece for my Brigade. I also made some Seals, Rangers and Special Forces. If I get those in your rear areas you will feel it, and it will leave a mark.You have no idea what Paul and I will do to your Frence and German invaders. Be good and be safe. Mick
Paul
Oct 01, 2004
3:01 PM
the 14th is a Sunday and the 15th is a Monday. Are these the days we are wanting to do this?
Paul
143 posts
Oct 01, 2004
9:37 PM
What do you think about the scenerio? I think this will make it more than just smash mouth attack but will require some planning, timing and luck.
Anonymous
Oct 02, 2004
6:18 AM
paul, it seems okay, we can do it. you are 'in charge' of set up then.....
Anonymous
Oct 03, 2004
8:13 AM
4 4X6 or 4 4x6 is great. okay, i am game.
Paul
144 posts
Oct 03, 2004
10:26 AM
On the 96%-100% I meant battalion

I think I will go witht the (4) 4x6 boards. That will allow us to have enough room to manuever and can still reach the whole board.

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.