US Ground Surveillance Radar
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

pvt64
67 posts
Mar 21, 2019
7:10 AM
Gents,
Any suggestions for what to use for a set of Modern US infantry with a ground surveillance radar in 6MM? Suitable for the 1980s.
redleg
32 posts
Mar 21, 2019
3:34 PM
What is the nomenclature for the radar that you are trying to model? I ask because I don't know anything about radars and I would like to look it up. From a generic search it looks like a tripod with a small flat radar screen on top?
pvt64
68 posts
Mar 22, 2019
11:12 AM
Redleg,
I'm afraid that I do not know. I'm converting rules systems to the modern adaption of the Battlefront WWII rules and one of the unit cards for American Mechanized Infantry is a ground surveillance radar. No picture of it on the card. To be honest I had never heard of the system at all before these rules. In the Marines we were not so high tech in the 80s:)

Last Edited by pvt64 on Mar 22, 2019 11:14 AM
redleg
33 posts
Mar 22, 2019
11:28 AM
Take a look at the GHQ forum where you posted the same question. We found a pic of the AN/PPS-5 and it looks like some of the guys on there have experience with it. It should be easy to scratch build with some brass rod and a piece of styrene.

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.