Discussion Forum > Leo 2 improved barrel strength
Leo 2 improved barrel strength
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

RCAC
37 posts
Jan 27, 2007
8:52 AM
Hey, I'm still looking to get 44 leo's from CinC if I can, or another place if not. How strong are the barrels on the leopard 2 imp's? I'm asking because my lav 25 barrels are very thin and get bent easier, is the leopard barrel somewhat stronger and not so wirey? I don't abuse my kit, but with my hands, even lining them up is hard as I bump the turrets...I don't game, my models just sit on my desk in regimental order lol.

As long as I can keep them straight relativly speaking, i'm happy. How do the GHQ 2a6's compare in terms of barrel integrity?

Cheers,

----------
Recce!
Steel Arrows
60 posts
Jan 27, 2007
1:46 PM
GHQ barrel on the Leo2a6 are very strong. CinCs Leo2a6 version is not bad either. If you get CinC's Leo2a6. The hull is the standard hull. GHQs is the uparmored hull used by Germany, Spain and Switzerland. Some Loe2a5 like CinCs are used by Poland. If you are trying to lengthen a CinC gun barrel. Consider using brass rods in the correct gauge to replace the barrels. When creating the fume extracter bulge. Use hot solder for electronic wires. Does this before mounting the barrel to the turret you are working on. Do not use tape of any sort. It makes the figure look louisy.
----------
"On The Way!!"
RCAC
38 posts
Jan 27, 2007
2:53 PM
Thanks for the input...I have some of the cinc 2a5 hulls, no turrets though. How much more detailed is the ghq model ?anyone got any pics?

thanks
----------
Recce!
Steel Arrows
61 posts
Jan 28, 2007
10:39 PM
Comparitively, GHQs Leo-2A6s have more detail. CinCs Leo-2A5 is a rather good looking model. Due the nature of each manufacturers' designs theology. GHQ does give better detail. IF you look at Most GHQ model they are rather large in a minuete sense. GHQ made the detail stick out greater but if measured in a corective manner. The detail is out of scale for what is supposedly 285th scale. The example if you look at the towing cables or the tools hooked on the figures. They are larger if you place a infantry figure next to them. Picture yourself grabbing a cable which is thicker than it is supposed to be. Rather like a man wrestling a 50ft Anaconda snake.
----------
"On The Way!!"

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.